Visiting Tampa - What to See and Do
(Tampa, Florida - FL, USA)
Tampa in Florida is a major tourist draw card, known for its premier tourist attractions including Busch Gardens theme park and the Florida Aquarium among others.
Situated across the bay from St. Petersburg in a beautiful part of the state, Tampa also has many excellent nearby beaches including St. Pete and Clearwater.
Ten things you must do in Tampa
- Enjoy the thrills and sights at Busch Gardens, one of Florida's most popular theme parks offering state-of-the-art rides, shows and a massive 2,700-animal zoo.
- Photograph a giant Pacific octopus and some 10,000 other aquatic plants and animals at the Florida Aquarium.
- Experience the energy of an American pro-football game at the Raymond James Stadium, home to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Ride on safari buggies through the Florida outback on J.B. Starkey's Flatwoods Adventures, an eco-tour providing insight into Native Americans and local wildlife.
- Go for a spin and have a blast at Tampa's Malibu Grand Prix, a race track with numerous activities on offer including go-karts.
- Ride a canoe on a Canoe Escape excursion, a self-guided down river trip that is perfect for nature lovers.
- Visit a different epoch at Dinosaur World, an interactive and educational attraction perfect for kids and complete with an outdoor museum.
- Get on the water at Weeki Wachee Springs, a water-based theme park with underwater mermaid shows and rides and cruises on the river.
- Visit the Sacred Heart Catholic Church, a magnificent church built in the early 20th century; perfect for photographing.
- Attend the annual Gasparilla Pirate Festival, the town's most popular festival celebrating Tampa's maritime roots with a massive pirate themed parade.